Sunday, March 28, 2010
One thing that has me stressed out these days is boyfriend. He already has his degree, and coaches football at the high school we both went to...however, he has decided that he is going back to school for Law Enforcement...yep, he's going to be a cop. His brother is a police officer, and I'm sure that has more than just a little to do with his sudden interest. The first thing I thought is that I will never see him! By the time he finishes football practice, goes to work, and goes to class...not much time left in the day! And once he graduates, he has no intention of giving up his coaching position. Not so sure how he is going to manage that one! A police officer was killed on duty a little over a year ago in our city. I hate the thought of him ever being in harm's way, especially when he will be putting himself there by choice! Still, I know how heroic those jobs are and how lucky we are to have men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line to keep our communities safe! I'm really trying hard to stop thinking about myself!
Busy week ahead...but can't wait til Easter! Still need to find an Easter dress!! I hope you all have a blessed week! :)
Monday, March 15, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
OMIGOSH I was so excited to read my comments today...& to see I actually had *gasp* followers!! The sweet & wonderful Kelly, at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/, encouraged girls roughly ages 18-24, to post a link to their blogs! It was such a good idea & a fun way to find other bloggers around my age! I am so excited about this whole blog thing, HA! We (Me & Princess Roxanne, that is) can't wait to make some blog friends!
No, really...who wouldn't wanna be friends with this face??? :)
Since i'm still gettin the hang of actually coming up with funny/witty/interesting things to blog about, I thought i'd start with a *10 facts* post!
- Roxanne is my 3 year old fur baby! Seriously...rotten to the core! Bf found her in a newspaper add for "Yorkie Poo's," and went to pick her out when she was just days old. When he went back to pick her up after 8 weeks, the rest of the puppies were furry lil yorkies and well....I think we can see my girl is NO yorkie!! It was a surprise lol..but I wouldn't trade her for the world :)
- I think that seasonal candy tastes better than the normal kind...I mean those SweetTart ducks & chickens taste way better than the plain round ones!!
- I have changed my college major 4 times...Interior Design, Sonography, Nursing, and now Athletic Training. It set me back a teensy bit, but I couldn't be happier where I'm at now!
- I am a beach girl, through & through. I love everything about it. I also love incorporating beach things into my wardrobe...especially jewelry! To me, nothing says beach summer like coral & turquoise!
- On that note, half the reason I get so excited about summer is because of summer clothes! Seriously, I have NO cute cold weather clothes!! (By the way, in the long process of closet cleaning...stay tuned for a blog sale!)
- I have never colored my hair!
- I have worked at a gym for women for almost 2 years, and now I feel like I have 100 2nd moms & grandmas! I have met so many amazing women with amazing stories, and I love each & every one of them!
- I try to workout daily & eat healthy when I can. Except that I bought Girl Scout Cookies today and ate the entire box of peanut butter patties....all.by.myself.
- A good 70% of my wardrobe probably came from Marshall's or TJ Maxx!
- I love to cook & bake, and I LOVE watching Paula Deen!
Hope everybody has had a happy Wednesday! :)
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
*Image from toryburch.com...Thora Sandal
Monday, February 8, 2010
One more thing...I want to do a Blog Yard sale, hopefully this week! Do any of you ladies have any tips about pricing, shipping, or anything like that????